Alcohol and Drug Awareness
This online Alcohol and Drug Awareness course emphasises the seriousness of being ‚Äúfit-for-work‚Äù and identifies personal responsibilities as they relate to ensuring the health and safety of all workers.
The need to prevent impaired persons from affecting safety in the workplace cannot be overstated. Recent changes in Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) Legislation, together with better informed employers, has brought forth a realization that serious attention must be given to ensuring that employees arriving to the workplace are ‚Äúfit-for-work‚Äù
People do not want to work in an environment where they are or could be at risk due to another worker's alcohol or drug abuse. While the employer has the primary responsibility of ensuring compliance with relevant OH&S Legislation, it is the duty of both the worker and the employer to comply with it.
This online Alcohol and Drug Awareness course emphasizes the seriousness of being ‚Äúfit-for-work‚Äù and identifies personal responsibilities as they relate to ensuring the health and safety of all workers.
- The prevalence of alcohol and drug related issues in the workplace today
- Legalities governing ‚Äúfit-for-work‚Äù policies in the workplace
- Wise choices and compliance
- Alcohol and drug work standards
- Actions to take if a worker is suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Consequences for non-compliance
- Reasons why one might be asked to submit to drug and alcohol testing
This course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course