Lithium-Ion Battery Awareness
Lithium-ion batteries, like the ones that power your portable electronics, are finding favor over traditional lead-acid batteries. These batteries offer many advantages but pose huge risks if not handled correctly. Take this course to make yourself aware of how to safely use lithium-ion batteries on and off the job. This course is ideal for everyone and all industries.
- What Is a Lithium-Ion Battery?
- Incident Prevention
- Incident Response
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify lithium-ion batteries
- Describe how lithium-ion batteries fail
- Describe how to handle lithium-ion batteries safely
- Identify warning signs for lithium-ion battery incidents
- Recall how to respond to lithium-ion battery incidents
This course takes approximately 20 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course