Fall Protection (Awareness)
Working from heights can be nerve-wracking for a number of reasons, not least of which is the potential fall. Luckily, fall protection systems can be put in place to prevent and/or arrest falls. This Fall Protection (Awareness) course is designed to teach you the basics of fall protection so that you can recognize and use the various fall protection systems available to you.
Topics CoveredThis Fall Protection (Awareness) course covers the following topics:
- Fall hazards
- Fall protection systems
- Full body harnesses and their five classes
- Connecting hardware and devices
- Shock absorbers
- Maximum arrest force, free fall distance, and clearance
- Basic inspection and care requirements
- How to don a full-body harness
- Fall protection plans and rescue planning
This course takes approximately 60 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 70% or higher required. Up to 10 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course