Electrical Safety: Training for Unqualified Employees
This course is designed to familiarise learners with the basics of electrical safety, including how to recognise and avoid electrical hazards.
Help train unqualified employees on the basics of electrical safety, including how to recognize and avoid electrical hazards.
After completing this course, an understanding should be gained of how to:
- Describe how electricity works.
- Explain various electrical hazards and how they could become injured by electricity.
- Distinguish between a Qualified and an Unqualified employee.
- Identify common ways to prevent accidents and protect themselves from electrical hazards.
- Recognize what to do in the event of an electrical emergency.
- Electricity Basics
- How Electricity Works.
- Electrical Hazards (shock, burns, falls, fires, explosions, arc flash & arc blast).
- Common Causes of Electrical Incidents.
- Employee Categories (qualified, unqualified).
- Electrical Safeguards (insulation, electrical protective devices, guarding, grounding, lockout/tagout, personal protective equipment).
- Power Tool & Extension Cord Safety.
- Emergency Procedures.
This course takes approximately 45 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course