Asbestos Awareness (Three-Part)
The purpose of this online Asbestos Awareness (Three-Part) course, taken in its entirety, is to provide Class III and Class IV asbestos workers with the knowledge and skills necessary to identify asbestos hazards, as well as to prevent and control asbestos exposure.
Asbestos Awareness (Three-Part) Online Course Overview
The purpose of this online Asbestos Awareness (Three-Part) course, taken in its entirety, is to provide Class III and Class IV asbestos workers with the knowledge and skills necessary to identify asbestos hazards, prevent, and control asbestos exposure.
After completing this course, an understanding should be gained of the hazards of asbestos, the nature of operations that could result in exposure to asbestos, and the importance of necessary protective controls, including work practices, engineering controls, and respiratory protection, to minimize exposure.
- Asbestos Awareness - Part 1
- Recognizing asbestos
- Where asbestos is commonly found
- Operations that could result in asbestos exposure
- Potential health effects of exposure to asbestos
- Common precautions and work practices to avoid exposure
- Asbestos Awareness Part 2 - Asbestos Control Measures
- Exposure limits for asbestos
- Monitoring and medical surveillance
- Proper engineering controls and work practices to reduce asbestos exposure
- Personal protective equipment
- Response procedures for asbestos releases
- Asbestos Awareness Part 3 - Respiratory Protection
- Basic requirements of the Respiratory Protection Standard Capabilities and limitations of SCBA, airline, and air-purifying respirators
- Proper maintenance practices for respirators, including inspecting, cleaning, and storing respirators
- Signs of respirator failure
This course takes approximately 295 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course