Grain Handling and Storage
This training program is intended to alert individuals of the potential hazards that may be found in and around on-farm grain handling and storage facilities.
This training program is intended to alert individuals of the potential hazards that may be found in and around on-farm grain handling and storage facilities. This is of particular importance to individuals who may not be familiar with such facilities .
Including fire fighters who may have to respond to emergency situations in and around those on-farm grain handling and storage facilities. Additionally this course will act as a reminder to operators and workers of hazards, and will prompt them to enact control strategies to prevent injury and illness..
Once this course has been completed, the learner will have been instructed in the following:
- Identify four categories of the most common hazards associated with the on-farm handling and storage grain facilities.
- Describe control strategies that may be used for addressing these hazards.
- Emphasize the need to develop work and emergency procedures for these facilities.
- The Material
- Grain Transport and Storage
- Stability of Grain Storage Structures
- Confined Spaces
- The Components
- Entanglement Hazards
- Electrical Hazards
- Lock Out / Tag Out Requirements
This course takes approximately 45 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course