This lesson familiarizes employees that drive as part of their work with the hazards of driving and methods that will protect them from potential driving crashes. This lesson is not intended to cover driving requirements associated with commercial motor vehicles (CMVs) or the use of a commercial driver's license (CDL). This lesson does not address safety concerns associated with the use of off-road (ATV) vehicles, motorcycles, towing a trailer, or load securement while hauling equipment such as in the bed of a pickup truck.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should have a better understanding of:
- Poor driving behaviors such as distracted driving, speeding, driving under the influence, and driving tired (fatigued); how to avoid poor behaviors while driving; and the safety benefits of wearing seat belts and following company policies and procedures.
- How proper vehicle maintenance can prevent driving accidents and the benefits of keeping emergency preparation items in the car trunk.
- Safe driving Techniques in adverse weather conditions, at night, and how to stay safe on the roadway during an emergency situation.
- Defensive driving practices.
- The proper way to respond to distracted drivers.
- How to respond appropriately to others using the roadway.
- Safe Driving Habits
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Challenging Environments
- Defensive Mind-set
This course takes approximately 20 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course