Liquid Nitrogen Safety
This lesson will provide you with awareness training for the hazards associated with liquid nitrogen and provide best practices for using, moving, and storing liquid nitrogen dewars in laboratory and makerspace environments.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should have a better understanding of:
- Liquid nitrogen and giving examples of how it is used in a laboratory environment
- Hazards associated with liquid nitrogen
- The safe handling procedures for using and transporting liquid nitrogen
- The types of liquid nitrogen containers and their components
- Potential issues involving liquid nitrogen containers and recall recommended troubleshooting procedures
- The actions to take in case of a spill or health emergency involving liquid nitrogen
- What Is Liquid Nitrogen?
- Safe Handling of Liquid Nitrogen
- Liquid Nitrogen Containers
- Handling Emergencies
This course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course