Backing & Parking: Straight Truck Series
The Straight Truck Series is a collection of training programs which emphasize the essential skills necessary for staying safe on the road while operating a straight truck. This series is appropriate for all levels of truck drivers, from the entry-level to the veteran driver operating any type of straight truck. Backing & Parking training is designed to help drivers understand the techniques that will help them avoid an accident or incident while backing and parking straight trucks. It addresses procedures drivers need to follow to avoid collisions, including: causes, preventative measures, overhead obstructions, and good parking and backing techniques.
After completing this course, users should have an understanding of:
- How to avoid a fixed object collision while backing or parking
- Proper driving techniques to safely back and park a straight truck
- Ground-level, eye-level, and overhead obstructions that have the potential to make contact with a truck
- How to avoid fixed object collisions
- The hazards associated with backing and parking
- Driving Technique
This course takes approximately 20 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course