Stormwater Pollution Prevention
Laws require us to regulate stormwater in order to reduce the pollution of rivers and lakes. Identifying sources of storm water pollution and keeping them from coming in contact with runoff is one of the best and most economical ways of protecting the quality of our waters. This course presents best management practices to prevent stormwater pollution.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss how the regulation of stormwater has developed
- List common sources of stormwater pollution
- Discuss the effects of stormwater pollution on the environment
- Give examples of best management practices for preventing stormwater pollution
- Describe how to respond to a spill
- State the fines and penalties for polluting stormwater
- Describe the purpose and requirements of a Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan
- Definition and Regulations
- Allowable Discharges
- Responses and Penalties
This course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course