Rigging Safety - Vivid
This lesson will teach you how to safely rig loads that will be moved by cranes, hoists, or other equipment. This includes planning a lift, inspecting and selecting slings, determining a load's weight, using a sling angle chart, and working with a crane operator.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should have a better understanding of how to identify:
- Advantages, disadvantages, and limitations of each type of sling
- Inspection criteria for slings and rigging hardware
- Questions a rigger should ask while planning for a lift
- The methods for determining a load's weight, the factors that impact the sling's lifting capacity, and how to balance the load
- Characteristics of vertical, choker, and basket hitches
- Hazards posed by working near a crane and the safe practices for avoiding them
- Selecting and Inspecting Rigging Equipment
- Planning the Lift
- Following Safe Practices
This course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course