This online Intermediate Rigging course covers the regulations, practices, and techniques required to safely sling and rig loads.
This online Intermediate Rigging course includes 3 modules that cover the practices and techniques for safe slinging and rigging of loads. The material in this training course is designed for rigging and supervisory personnel who work with all types of hoisting equipment.
Intermediate Rigging Course Standards
This course was designed to help satisfy requirements of the following standards:
- CSA Z150-98
It also adheres to ANSI (American National Standards Institute) and ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) standards.
- Pre-lift hazard assessments
- Owner, operator, and supervisor responsibilities
- Wire rope construction
- Safety factors and safe working load limits
- Rope and sling inspections
- Hoist line installation procedures
- Types of rigging hitches
- Determining sling types, sizes, and configurations using sling capacity charts
- D/d ratios
- Sling centre of gravity
- Crane and hoist signals
This course takes approximately 120 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course