Lockout / Tagout - Vivid
The goal of this lesson is to provide awareness level training for all employees about the existence of hazardous energy sources; the isolation of those energy sources during certain maintenance and repair activities; and the communication and control procedures that limit access to those energy sources through the use of tags and locks.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the reason for lock and tag procedures
- Recognize the responsibilities of authorized, affected, and other employees during lockout/tagout procedures
- Identify different sources of energy hazards and consequences of improper control
- Understand employer responsibilities and requirements for lock and tag
- Recognize different types of lock and tag devices
- Identify procedural steps for lock and tag
- Recognize when lockout/tagout is occurring, and the role of an affected worker in keeping the procedure safe
- What Is Lockout/Tagout?
- Hazards and Controls
- The Lockout/Tagout Procedure
This course takes approximately 20 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course