Laboratory Compressed Gas Safety
The purpose of this lesson is to provide an understanding of the hazards of compressed gas and best practices for using, moving, and storing compressed gas cylinders in laboratories and makerspaces. If you use compressed gases for welding, you are required to take additional, specific training.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should have a better understanding of:
- How to describe compressed gases and cylinders and how they are used in the laboratory
- The most common hazards associated with compressed gas
- Key safety practices regarding compressed gas
- Safe methods of storing, moving, and disposing of compressed gas cylinders
- Introduction to Compressed Gas Hazards
- Hazards of Compressed Gas Cylinders
- Using Compressed Gas
- Storing, Moving, and Disposing of Cylinders
This course takes approximately 20 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course