Introduction to Radiation Safety
This lesson provides an introduction to radioactivity and procedures to follow to minimize the risks associated with accidental and occupational exposure.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should have a greater understanding of:
- Sources of radiation they will likely encounter in a lab or clinical setting
- The radiation safety program
- Requirements for projects that involve radiation.
- What radiation is
- Forms of radiation
- How radiation is measured.
- The routes of exposure to radiation
- The effects of exposure to radiation
- The Radiation Safety Program
- Radiation Basics
This course takes approximately 20 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course