Introduction to Biosafety
This lesson provides an introduction to biological safety and procedures to follow to minimize the risks associated with accidental and occupational exposure.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should have a greater understanding of:
- The basic principles of biosafety
- The appropriate laboratory containment and work practices
- Basic lab designs, safety equipment and personal protective devices
- The basic approach for identifying hazards and risks to biological materials
- Biological waste regulatory requirements
- The steps of basic spill cleanup and mitigation, medical treatment and reporting, and emergency response planning
- Basic concepts behind how work with biohazardous materials is reviewed and managed
- What Is Biosafety?
- Biological Safety Levels and Controls
- Biological Waste and Treatment
- Emergency Procedures
This course takes approximately 20 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course