This online Gas Detection and Nitrogen Awareness course is designed to increase your knowledge of atmospheric hazards, gas detection methods, electronic sensor types and their operation, and electronic monitor use.
Gas Detection and Nitrogen Awareness
Many industries have atmospheric hazards that can have deadly consequences if you are uninformed and unprotected. This online Gas Detection and Nitrogen Awareness course will teach you how dangerous hazardous atmospheres can be, why incidents happen, and the importance of testing, plans, and proper training.
- The hazards and characteristics of gases and vapours
- The properties, uses, and dangers of nitrogen
- The difference between gas testing, monitoring, and detection
- Reasons and conditions for testing hazardous atmospheres
- Factors when choosing gas testing equipment
- The proper use of handheld mechanical testers
- The general operation and care of electronic sensors
- Types of electronic monitors
- Zeroing, bump testing, and calibrating electronic monitors
- Proper use and care of personal monitors
This course takes approximately 75 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course