Forklift Training (Counterbalanced)
This online course aims to reduce the risks related to sit-down, vertical mast forklifts by teaching how to become a safe lift truck operator.
With thousands of lift truck related injuries and fatalities occurring each year, this online Counterbalanced Forklifts course aims to reduce the risks related to sit-down, vertical mast forklifts by teaching you how to become a safe lift truck operator.
This course was written to comply with the requirements for theory training as outlined in:
- CSA Standard B335
- ANSI Standard B56.1
- OSHA 1910.178
- The need to reduce risk to people, products, and property
- Lift truck fundamentals, including components and their functions
- The principles of balance, stability, and capacity
- The importance of a pre-operational inspection
- The procedures for completing both a visual and operational inspection
- How to safely enter, exit, and operate lift trucks
- How to operate lift trucks around pedestrians
- Guidelines for parking a lift truck
- Safe methods for picking up, moving, and deploying loads
- Procedures for surviving incidents
- Safe procedures for fueling gasoline and diesel powered lift trucks
- Safe procedures for replacing liquid petroleum tanks
- The proper methods for changing, charging, and adding water to industrial batteries
- And more
This course takes approximately 120 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course