Forklift - Safe Driving
This lesson is designed to provide workers with an awareness of the federal safety regulations for operating a forklift. The curriculum serves as the formal-instruction component of forklift operator training, and generally precedes hands-on operator training and site-specific training. The regulations for operating a forklift are outlined in 29 CFR 1910. This lesson will present some forklift safety basics, as well as information on how to drive a forklift safely around pedestrians, on challenging surfaces, and in enclosed spaces.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to describe:
- Basic rules and guidelines for driving a forklift safely.
- How to drive a forklift safely around pedestrians.
- How to drive a forklift on challenging surfaces and in enclosed spaces.
- Safe Driving Basics
- Safety Around Pedestrians
- Challenging Surfaces and Enclosed Spaces
This course takes approximately 20 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course