This online course provides proper training for employees who have prolonged exposure to cold working environments.
This course is designed to help learners understand how the body reacts to cold conditions, recognize the most common types of cold stress, learn how to prevent cold stress, and how to treat (first aid) workers with cold stress injuries until medical personnel arrive.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify cold working environments
- Recognize commons signs and symptoms related to cold stress
- Implement cold stress prevention measures
- Discuss how to handle cold stress in emergency situations
- Cold Working Environments
- What Causes Cold Stress?
- Who’s at Risk?
- How the Body Loses Heat
- Winter Weather Alerts
- Signs and Symptoms of Cold Stress
- Common Cold-Induced Injuries
- Trench Foot
- Preventing Cold Stress
- Dress Warmly/Wear Layers
- Employer Responsibilities
- Employee Responsibilities
- Responding to Cold Stress Emergencies
- Report Ailment
- Contact Emergency Personnel
- First Aid Measures
This course takes approximately 30 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course