Chlorine has a huge variety of uses. Its chemical properties make it an extremely effective disinfectant and an essential component in the chemical manufacture of literally thousands of vital products used every day. However, there are some hazards associated with chlorine and you need to know about them and how to protect yourself against them. This course presents information about the hazards of chlorine and how to handle it safely.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and list the physical properties of chlorine
- State the health effects of chlorine exposure
- Identify the appropriate personal protective equipment for chlorine exposure
- Summarize the HAZCOM regulatory guidelines for chlorine
- Discuss the use of chlorine and emergency procedures
- Describe appropriate first-aid measures for chlorine-related emergencies
- Physical Properties
- Storage and Handling
- Health Effects
- Emergency and First Aid Response
This course takes approximately 20 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course