This online Chainsaw Safety course is designed to teach you how to operate and control your chainsaw both safely and effectively.
When you see the power with which a chainsaw can cut down a tree, it, not hard to understand why chainsaw operators must respect their tool. A healthy respect for and knowledge of your chainsaw, limits and hazards will help you effectively mitigate them and keep yourself and others safe.
Using live action demonstrations, animated diagrams, and interactive activities, this online Chainsaw Safety course provides you with the knowledge necessary to operate and control your chainsaw both safely and effectively. No matter if you‚Äôll be cutting trees or construction materials like HDPV pipe, this course covers the necessary preparations, safety measures, cutting techniques, and post-operational procedures you need to safely complete your work.
- Chainsaw components and safety features
- Types of chainsaws
- Physical and site preparation for chainsaw use
- Safety requirements for chainsaw use, including PPE
- Hazard assessment, identification, and control
- Pre-operational inspections and function checks
- Chainsaw start-up methods
- Cutting techniques and best practices
- Post-operational maintenance and inspection
- Chain filing
This course takes approximately 120 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course