This lesson provides an introduction to the different types of biosafety cabinets (BSCs) and their basic operation to minimize the risks associated with accidental and occupational exposure.
Upon successful completion of this course, you should have a better understanding of:
- The different classes of BSCs
- Basic concepts related to how the different types of BSCs function and operate
- The routine performance verifications and standards that apply to this specific equipment
- How to define the selection of biosafety cabinets as primary containment
- Recognizing the best use practices for BSCs
- Types and Uses of Biosafety Cabinets
- Implementation and Administrative Issues of Biosafety Cabinets
- Best Practices
This course takes approximately 20 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course