Home Alone Safety for Kids
Is your child ready to stay home alone? Help your child prepare for independence with the Online Home Alone Safety course! Practical and convenient, this self-guided and self-paced tutorial helps to build a childÕs confidence through engaging games, rich digital media, videos and colorful graphics that equip youth with skills for a lifetime of safety. It provides valuable life skills for your child and peace of mind for parents and caregivers.
Topics CoveredSigns Your Child May Be Ready To Stay Home Alone:
- Your child is at least 10 years of age.
- Your child follows family rules and instructions.
- Your child knows his/her full name, address, major intersections and phone number.
- Your child knows and understands when to contact 911.
- Your child is not afraid to stay home alone.
- Your child knows what to do when the unexpected arises.
- Your child knows basic first aid, where the first aid kit is and how to use its contents
- Your child knows how to lock the door routinely and safeguard the key
- Your child knows how to contact a trusted adult if needed.
This course takes approximately 90 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course