Entry-Level Driver Training: External Communications
Being able to communicate clearly and professionally is a skill every driver should develop. How drivers express themselves is a reflection of not only them, but the company they work for, as well as driving professionals across the U.S.
This course is designed to address how to navigate a roadside inspection with tips on communicating using verbal and non-verbal messages.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the roadside inspection process
- Identify the impact that violating regulations has on drivers and carrier√ïs records
- Illustrate effective communication techniques when interacting with enforcement officials
- Driver _x000D_
- Vehicle _x000D_
- No Violations _x000D_
- Violations Found _x000D_
- Out of Service _x000D_
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Messages _x000D_
- Body Language _x000D_
- Attitude _x000D_
- Non-English Speakers _x000D_
This course takes approximately 20 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course