Personal Information Protection Act - PIPA Training - Alberta
With several laws in place related to these concerns and enforcement handled by various organizations, agencies, and in some cases, provinces, determining how to protect personal information in Canada can be complicated. This online Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) of Alberta course outlines how your business can collect, use, and disclose personal information within, and outside, Alberta. This online PIPA course is composed of five chapters. These chapters include:
- Chapter 1: What Is Personal Information?
- Chapter 2: Federal and Provincial Laws
- Chapter 3: Collecting Personal Information
- Chapter 4: Protecting Personal Information
- Chapter 5: Disclosing and Retaining Personal Information Upon completion, you will be presented with a final exam to test your knowledge.
- Identify what is, and is not, considered personal information under both federal and provincial laws
- Explain the relationship between the PIPEDA and PIPA
- those situations when PIPEDA regulates Alberta-based organizations
- Distinguish between the many forms of consent
- Explain an organization’s obligations when requesting consent
- Explain an organization’s obligations when storing personal data within Canada and outside of Canada
- Explain how to access or request a change to personal information that has been collected and stored
- Explain how personal information can be disclosed or used under PIPA
Topics CoveredThis online Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) training course covers the following topics:
This course takes approximately 40 minutes to complete
A passing grade of 80% or higher required. Up to 3 attempts are provided.
A certificate will be provided upon the successful completion of this course